Get Ready for the New Orleans “Big Easy” NGAUS Conference
Fill out registration form and return with payment to: Augie Grace, 3 Arbor Court, Burlington, MA 01803
Download the 2018 NGAUS Registration Form
Interested in attending the NGAUS Conference as a Delegate or Company Grade Professional Development candidate, please take note of the following:
NGAMA’s Incoming President Col Pete Green and Executive Director Augie Grace would like to communicate some information to you and encourage you to attend this great event. The 140th General Conference will be held 24-27 August 2018 at the Morial Convention Center New Orleans, LA. Please note that Conference Registration and Hotel deadlines have been moved up to 24 June 2018.
- What you can expect in New Orleans – New Orleans is one of the most fascinating cities in the world. Nicknamed the “Big Easy,” it’s known for its round-the-clock nightlife, vibrant live music scene and spicy, singular cuisine reflecting its history as a melting pot of French, African and American culture. Embodying its festive spirit is Mardi Gras, the late-winter carnival famed for raucous costumed parades and street parties. New Orleans is also the home of many cultural attractions, including the National WWII Museum.
- The Schedule of Activities – The Governor’s Reception will be held at Mardi Gras World, a building that houses the Mardi Gras parade floats. The Governor’s Reception will feature three separate stages showcasing local pop, jazz and Zydeco bands. The Fun Run will be on the Riverfront. The Company Grade and Warrant Officer Mixer will be at Hard Rock Café. The States Dinner will feature “Mardi Gras Casual Attire” and will be at the Convention Center. The Spouse Luncheon will feature Cajun cooking demonstrations from the Louisiana School of Cooking. The Golf Tournament will be at the English Turn Golf Club. Of course, the traditional NGAUS Conference events including the Business Sessions, the Army/Air Separate Sessions, Elections, Resolutions, Task Force meetings and Industry Exhibitions will be held.
- New England Hospitality Night – The New England States are again discussing a New England States Hospitality Event for Hospitality Night. Those who have attended past Conferences remember that New England Night has been one of the highlights of the Conference. We intend to again make it another great event.
- Hotel-The entire Conference will be housed in only three hotels! The Massachusetts Delegation will be staying at the Hilton Hotel. It is a beautiful hotel located on the riverfront within an air conditioned walkway from the Convention Center. There will be 32 other states located in the Hilton. NGAMA has reserved 28 hotel rooms. We expect to use all 28 rooms, so please send in your room deposits by 24 June 2018. We also have a large hospitality suite to serve as the delegation meeting room.
- Bring Your Spouse/Significant Other – We would encourage you to bring your significant other and make the NGAUS Conference a vacation getaway. New Orleans will offer you plenty to see and do. Catch the whole atmosphere of attending the Mardi Gras by participating in the many Mardi Gras themed events.
- New Orleans 2018 and Boston 2020 – As we begin our preparation for hosting the Boston 2020 NGAUS Conference, we need to be mindful that it will be “our turn” in just two short years. NGAMA needs to have experienced Committee Chairmen and volunteers to host a successful NGAUS Conference. We would encourage as many NGAMA members, especially junior officers, to attend these NGAUS Conferences so they will be clear concerning the expectations of hosting a National Conference. There is an opportunity for junior officers to attend a NGAUS Conference while on orders. Please refer to the information listed on the Professional Development bulletin.
- Conference and Hotel Registrations – The Executive Director, Augie Grace, will be making all the Conference and Hotel reservations. At the March 10th NGAMA State Conference, Delegate Request forms will be available. The Delegate Request forms will also be available at the NGAMA web site. All attending the NGAUS Conference must submit a $100 hotel deposit with their Conference registration. NGAMA pays the $165.00 Conference registration fee for those selected as delegates or selected to participate in Officer Professional Development. We ask that you submit your reservation by 24 June 2018.
- Company Grade Professional Development Opportunities – As in the last few years, we again expect that NGB will make Professional Development funds available for the New Orleans Conference. Company Grade Officers, WO1s and CW2s will be permitted to attend the NGAUS Conference on orders with all their expenses paid. If these funds become available, interested parties must apply and be selected. Any interested Officers must submit a registration form by 24 June 2018. Please pass this information on to your junior officers.
- Additional Information/Questions – If you have any additional questions, or need information regarding the New Orleans NGAUS Conference, please contact Executive Director Augie Grace at email@example.com or at 781-799-7299.